While working on a website, you may need additional FTP accounts to provide limited access to other user. Today, we will discuss how can we create additional FTP account using Plesk Onyx hosting control panel.
To create an FTP account from Plesk Onyx, you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to Websites & Domains and click FTP Access.
- Click on Add FTP Account.
- Specify the following details to add an FTP account:
- FTP account name. Enter the FTP account name which you would like to create.
- Home directory. Select the directory to which the user will be taken when he or she connects to the FTP account.
- FTP password.
- Hard disk quota (on Windows hosting). To restrict the amount of disk space on the server for the FTP user.
- Read permission (on Windows hosting). To allow the FTP user to view the contents of the home directory and download files from it, select the Read permission checkbox.
- Write permission (on Windows hosting). To allow the FTP user to create, view, rename and delete directories in the home directory, select the Write permission checkbox.
On Window hosting, if you do not grant any permissions, a connection to the FTP account will be made, but the contents of the home directory will not be shown to the user.