Android is software for mobile devices that includes mobile operating system and key applications. Android is based on Linux kernel. Android is an open source application and you can download Android Software Development Kit from here. This tool provides necessary APIs to develop applications on Android platform using Java programming language.
– The platform is adaptable to both larger, VGA, 2D graphics library, 3D graphics library based on OpenGL ES 1.0 specifications, and traditional smartphone layouts.
– The Database Software SQLite is used for data storage purposes.
– Android supports GSM/EDGE, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other connectivity.
– Integrated web browser available.
– Android will support advanced audio/video/still media formats such as MPEG-4, H.264, MP3, AAC, OGG, AMR, JPEG, PNG, GIF.
– Android is fully capable of utilizing video/still cameras, touch screens, GPS, accelerometers, and accelerated 3D graphics.
– Software written in Java can be compiled into Dalvik bytecodes and executed in the Dalvik virtual machine, which is a specialized VM implementation designed for mobile device use, although not technically a standard Java Virtual Machine.
Last Updated on