WHMCS 8.0 beta was released in the beginning of August 2020. Now WHMCS 8.0 release candidate is available. This is final release before they can release a production version. As per their release cycle it should be available within next few days.
What’s new in WHMCS 8.0
- Users and Client Accounts – Users are the new way to log in and share access to accounts Learn more
- New Look Admin Area – A simplified, refined and optimized admin experience Learn more
- Email Delivery Providers – For increased email reliability and deliverability Learn more
- New Email Campaign Tool – Giving you more powerful bulk email functionality
- Improved IDN Support – Accept orders for a broader range of domain names
- Improved Currency Support – Support for 3 decimal places in tax rates
- Time-Based Token Two-Factor Improvements – Providing a better UX around second factor security
- Easier Cron Setup & Automation Management – A simplified cron experience with proactive alerts for issues
- OAuth2 for SMTP – Ensuring compatibility for upcoming changes from email services
- Transaction Reporting – Giving you greater insights into business performance
- New Minimum PHP Requirement + Library Updates – WHMCS 8.0 requires PHP 7.2 or later
If you wish try WHMCS 8.0 before you use it in production, you can join their beta program and fully test it. This will give you more insight about new features and upcoming changes in WHMCS 8.0. You can join their beta program from here. Their beta program will allow you to install WHMCS 8.0 Release Candidate in your website to fully test it.