• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

SSL Security and Why it's So Important For Your Business

Started by Tech, September 09, 2007, 11:37:34 AM

Tech

SSL stands for secure socket layer. This is what is used in making transactions on the internet secure. Many companies use ssl "secure socket layer" to encrypt important information. This could be for when people log into a website, use forms, securing shopping carts, etc.

Now I'm sure you may be wondering where to find a company that provides ssl "secure socket layer?" I find godaddy a inexpensive way to purchase a ssl "secure socket layer" for any business.

Some helpful tips on purchasing a ssl certificate:
1. Choose a company that is reptable and provides the ssl "Secure Socket Layer that your in need of."

2. You will need a dedicated Ip address.
What is a dedicated Ip Address? A dedicated IP address is a unique set of identifying numbers for a web site. No other website will be hosted on these numbers except for your website. This is very necessary for a e-commerce website.
What is e-commerce you may ask? E-commerce (electronic commerce or EC) is the buying and selling of goods and services on the Internet, especially the World Wide Web.
How do I get a dedicated Ip address? To get a dedicated Ip address you will need to contact the company that is hosting your website. You will need to pay for hosting and NOT try doing this on a free server or free hosting company.

3. Once you have chosen the company for your ssl "Secure Socket Layer" you will need to purchase the service.

4. Once you have purchased your ssl "Secure Socket Layer" you will need to go through the process of setting this on the provider of the ssl "Secure Socket Layer."

5. Once you have purchased your ssl "Secure Socket Layer" you will need to contact your hosting provider and have them setup the ssl information on the server.

6. A good example of a ssl certificate in use goto: Inspirational Hearts and click on secure connection.

Now I'm sure your asking your self why is this so important for my Business? Thats a good question. To answer your question, many people that purchase on the internet are wanting security. Getting a ssl "Secure Socket Layer" can help entice more sales.

About author:

I've been self employed and working on the internet since September 28, 2000. New World Products . Com has been in business now over 6yrs going strong. My company is registered with the state of Minnesota. I run a website hosting & design firm. I do SEO work on the side usually for my clients. My website is: http://www.newworldproducts.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Duane_Jacobson