• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Google is pushing away users from IE.

Started by andrewmoquin, August 21, 2009, 12:48:30 PM

andrewmoquin

Google start advising people using G mail web mail to use Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet explorer.When the users login to their G mail ID using internet explorer a red text appears at the top right side of the page by saying that get faster G mail.If we click on that link we were taken to a Google answer page suggesting that we should use a faster G mail.This is because of that the internet explorer actively suffering some security problem.Google also announces that in order to get faster G mail we have to update latest browser version.Do you agree with this?

Kailash

We can say that it is a marketing strategy of Google. I am not using Internet Explorer so I didn't notice this.

Kailash

digitalpoint

Quote from: andrewmoquin on August 21, 2009, 12:48:30 PM
Google start advising people using G mail web mail to use Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet explorer.When the users login to their G mail ID using internet explorer a red text appears at the top right side of the page by saying that get faster G mail.If we click on that link we were taken to a Google answer page suggesting that we should use a faster G mail.This is because of that the internet explorer actively suffering some security problem.Google also announces that in order to get faster G mail we have to update latest browser version.Do you agree with this?
Yes, I agree with you. They are promoting Chrome while accessing Gmail as well as you will get this message in youtube.com.

Digitalpoint

Steve Smith