Divi WordPress Theme

Topic: Alexa traffic ranking  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Kevin

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
Alexa traffic ranking
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »
Hi,

Are you still using Alexa rank to measure site traffic for your domain. It was good in past years but now a days people are more reply on Google rank. What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 05:30:00 AM by Kevin »
VPS Hosting - AccuWebHosting

Offline Rakesh

• View Profile
Re: Alexa traffic ranking
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:56:29 AM »
I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

Rakesh

Offline scott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
Quote from: "Rakesh"
I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

I agree with Rakesh.

Offline haileyjonathan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »

Rakesh

I agree these....It much better than google ranking....

Offline ethanjames

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,I am also check out my website.I got it same.

Offline colleentyler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
Hi Rakesh,
I too agree to your post.
Thanks for your sharing..

Offline mitchellpk123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:29:40 AM »
Alexa ranking measures only your sites traffic but I think its not that accurate.I didn't bother what my alexa ranking is.You can improve your alexa traffic rankings by submitting your site to directories and forums.You can write or Blog about Alexa.

Offline Jerin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
Alexa computes traffic rankings by analyzing the Web usage of millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources. The information is sorted, sifted, anonymized, counted, and computed, until, finally, we get the traffic rankings shown in the Alexa service. The process is relatively complex, but if you have a need to know, please read on.

Offline FadedHearts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »
Alexa rankings are good for a very rough idea but we should keep in mind that those results are too far away from accuracy.

Offline jollywillium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »
I think you are still using Alexa rank to measure site traffic for your domain. It was good in past years but now a days people are mosly use Google. Because with the help of Google you can get more traffic than Alexa. Now choice is your.

Offline Jerin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »
Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. Find out how your web site traffic stacks up against all your competitors! This is one of the most accurate freely available tools to find out how well your site ranks up against millions of other sites on the Web.

Offline born

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
A complimentary software service that helps users becomes pros at surfing the Web. The service helps users establish the comparative value of web sites they stay through a variety of stats and details about each site and then recommends links of where they force want to go subsequently.

Offline Jerin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
he Alexa Rank is a ranking system which bases its ranking schema on the level of traffic each website receives from the number of people who visit a website with the Alexa toolbar installed.

Webmasters, advertisers and ad networks use your blog’s Alexa rank as a gauge to determine the worth of a link on your website. If you depend on link or site selling as a form of monetization you’ll definitely want to increase your Alexa rank, because it’ll increase your bargaining power when it comes to ad pricing.

Offline christaker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »
The traffic is based on historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users. Alexa can only measure the traffic to browsers, or users, who have the Alexa toolbar installed. Alexa rank is useless and meaningless if your rank is bigger than 10K.

Offline mikecobber45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
I don’t think it actually matters. People generally use Google. A good ranking from the Big G is important than having Alexa traffic ranking.

Offline billymarwadi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:58 PM »

Offline princehallowen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
I use the goolge page rank . It check tour all the back links and give the correct answer about the page rank ,So i go with the google .

Offline perrycomo15

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:30:14 AM »
As per my point of view you are still with Alexa rank to compute site travel for your field. It was good in precedent years but at the moment a days citizens are mostly use Google.

Offline checkerpatterson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »
I do not think it really matters. People tend to use Google. Good investment by the big G is more important than traffic rank of Alexa.

Offline marrygorden

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »
This is one of the most accurate freely available tools to find out how well your site ranks up against millions of other sites on the Web. These all things are great to know about it.

Offline peonytaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
Page Rank is given by google he despaired of site quality, traffic, back links. Alexa traffic rank fall.Both are important to have a website.

Offline EvaBrown

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
I take into account Alexa ranking and Google page rank. But I actually think Google is really more important.

Offline ronythomas12

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
Alexa traffic ranking is the measure of visitors your website receive who have installed the alexa toolbar. Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. The traffic rank is based on historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users. Alexa Traffic Rankings may prove useful for sites with very good traffic that attract highly targeted visitors.

Winthrop

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
Hello guys...!
Nice discussion....Thanks for sharing information....Is Alexa Traffic Rank Extension for Google Chrome safe...? Thanks in advance....!

Offline alvina702

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on a value derived from these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users).

Offline dealsbells

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
Alexa ranking measures traffic to your site only, but I think it is not so accurate.I did not bother what my Alexa ranking is.You can improve your Alexa traffic rank submit your site to directories and forums.You can write or blog about Alexa's.

Offline ericsaffold

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
Really good information and there are many information regarding Alexa rank here. Alexa rank is useless and meaningless if your rank is bigger than 10K. A good ranking from the Big G is important than having Alexa traffic ranking.

Offline hiseredman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »
Alexa counts traffic only if the user has the alexa toolbar in his or her browser and normally it is not with them..so alexa is not the final thing to measure traffic in an appropriate way..

Offline bogerjarry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
I don't think it really matters. People generally use Google. A good classification of the big G is important to have Alexa traffic ranking. Find out how your web site traffic stacks against all your competitors!

Offline MikeHendrick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
 Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. Alexa Rank is useless and meaningless if your range is bigger than 10K. This is one of the most accurate available for free to find out how well your site ranks against millions of other Web sites.
Divi WordPress Theme
Tags: