• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Alexa traffic ranking

Started by Kevin, June 22, 2008, 08:06:56 PM

Divi WordPress Theme

Kevin

Hi,

Are you still using Alexa rank to measure site traffic for your domain. It was good in past years but now a days people are more reply on Google rank. What's your opinion?

Rakesh

I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

Rakesh

scott

Quote from: "Rakesh"I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

I agree with Rakesh.

haileyjonathan

Quote from: "Rakesh"I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

Rakesh

I agree these....It much better than google ranking....

ethanjames

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,I am also check out my website.I got it same.

colleentyler

Hi Rakesh,
I too agree to your post.
Thanks for your sharing..

mitchellpk123

Alexa ranking measures only your sites traffic but I think its not that accurate.I didn't bother what my alexa ranking is.You can improve your alexa traffic rankings by submitting your site to directories and forums.You can write or Blog about Alexa.

Jerin

Alexa computes traffic rankings by analyzing the Web usage of millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources. The information is sorted, sifted, anonymized, counted, and computed, until, finally, we get the traffic rankings shown in the Alexa service. The process is relatively complex, but if you have a need to know, please read on.

FadedHearts

Alexa rankings are good for a very rough idea but we should keep in mind that those results are too far away from accuracy.
Looking for an ecommerce facility with a shopping cart

jollywillium

I think you are still using Alexa rank to measure site traffic for your domain. It was good in past years but now a days people are mosly use Google. Because with the help of Google you can get more traffic than Alexa. Now choice is your.

Jerin

Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. Find out how your web site traffic stacks up against all your competitors! This is one of the most accurate freely available tools to find out how well your site ranks up against millions of other sites on the Web.

born

A complimentary software service that helps users becomes pros at surfing the Web. The service helps users establish the comparative value of web sites they stay through a variety of stats and details about each site and then recommends links of where they force want to go subsequently.

Jerin

he Alexa Rank is a ranking system which bases its ranking schema on the level of traffic each website receives from the number of people who visit a website with the Alexa toolbar installed.

Webmasters, advertisers and ad networks use your blog's Alexa rank as a gauge to determine the worth of a link on your website. If you depend on link or site selling as a form of monetization you'll definitely want to increase your Alexa rank, because it'll increase your bargaining power when it comes to ad pricing.

christaker

The traffic is based on historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users. Alexa can only measure the traffic to browsers, or users, who have the Alexa toolbar installed. Alexa rank is useless and meaningless if your rank is bigger than 10K.

mikecobber45

I don't think it actually matters. People generally use Google. A good ranking from the Big G is important than having Alexa traffic ranking.

billymarwadi

I think they are not giving the accurate result. I had two web sites and it was displaying low Ranking for low traffic site and the Alexa rank was high for my high traffic site.

princehallowen

I use the goolge page rank . It check tour all the back links and give the correct answer about the page rank ,So i go with the google .

perrycomo15

As per my point of view you are still with Alexa rank to compute site travel for your field. It was good in precedent years but at the moment a days citizens are mostly use Google.

checkerpatterson

I do not think it really matters. People tend to use Google. Good investment by the big G is more important than traffic rank of Alexa.

marrygorden

This is one of the most accurate freely available tools to find out how well your site ranks up against millions of other sites on the Web. These all things are great to know about it.

peonytaylor

Page Rank is given by google he despaired of site quality, traffic, back links. Alexa traffic rank fall.Both are important to have a website.

EvaBrown

I take into account Alexa ranking and Google page rank. But I actually think Google is really more important.

ronythomas12

Alexa traffic ranking is the measure of visitors your website receive who have installed the alexa toolbar. Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. The traffic rank is based on historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users. Alexa Traffic Rankings may prove useful for sites with very good traffic that attract highly targeted visitors.

Winthrop

Hello guys...!
Nice discussion....Thanks for sharing information....Is Alexa Traffic Rank Extension for Google Chrome safe...? Thanks in advance....!

alvina702

The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other, diverse traffic data sources, and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on a value derived from these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users).

dealsbells

Alexa ranking measures traffic to your site only, but I think it is not so accurate.I did not bother what my Alexa ranking is.You can improve your Alexa traffic rank submit your site to directories and forums.You can write or blog about Alexa's.

ericsaffold

Really good information and there are many information regarding Alexa rank here. Alexa rank is useless and meaningless if your rank is bigger than 10K. A good ranking from the Big G is important than having Alexa traffic ranking.

hiseredman

Alexa counts traffic only if the user has the alexa toolbar in his or her browser and normally it is not with them..so alexa is not the final thing to measure traffic in an appropriate way..
The Game is Over.

bogerjarry

I don't think it really matters. People generally use Google. A good classification of the big G is important to have Alexa traffic ranking. Find out how your web site traffic stacks against all your competitors!

MikeHendrick

Alexa is a very powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. Alexa Rank is useless and meaningless if your range is bigger than 10K. This is one of the most accurate available for free to find out how well your site ranks against millions of other Web sites.

Divi WordPress Theme