• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Lowest Number MX Record Points to Local Host Rejected RCPT

Started by Alex, January 05, 2009, 08:04:38 PM

Alex

Hi,

I am getting the following error while in one of the domains. I could not receive the email but I could send the emails:

Error from logs:

Lowest Number MX Record Points to Local Host Rejected RCPT Error

Also the problem is for one domain on the server. Other domains are working fine.

Thanks,

Alex

Kailash

Generally, this is happened if the entry of the domain is missing in /etc/localdomains. If the entry is missing then just add the domain name at the bottom.

Kailash

Alex

Quote from: "Kailash"Generally, this is happened if the entry of the domain is missing in /etc/localdomains. If the entry is missing then just add the domain name at the bottom.

Kailash
Thanks... it had fixed the problem. But I haven't made any changes then how the entry had been removed from /etc/localdomains file ?

Alex

Kailash

If you are using your server for MX record then make sure that you have not enter the domain name in /etc/remotedomains. It will remove all the domains which are listed in /etc/remtedomains from /etc/localdomains if you run fix mailbox permissions from WHM.

The domain listed in /etc/remotedomains should not use your mail server.

Kailash

Alex

Quote from: "Kailash"If you are using your server for MX record then make sure that you have not enter the domain name in /etc/remotedomains. It will remove all the domains which are listed in /etc/remtedomains from /etc/localdomains if you run fix mailbox permissions from WHM.

The domain listed in /etc/remotedomains should not use your mail server.
Yes, that was the reason. I had removed the domain from /etc/remotedomains and now the issue has not been arised.

Thanks,

Alex :)