• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Google's new favicon

Started by Kailash, January 11, 2009, 12:38:49 PM

Kailash

Hi,

Google has changed their favicon recently. Check their new favicon http://www.google.com/favicon.ico

Share your comment how it looks like.

I like the new one. They have used more colors then previous icon.

Kailash

Raju

Yes, I like the new favicon. They have made it colorful this time. (Red, yellow, blue, green combination).

Raju

subhaikav

yeah, it is really beautiful.. thanks for sharing..

izumi777

JoshuaGaler

Well Ofcourse the new one is better then the previous one. I didn't notice that it has been changed. If I am not worng it has changed to this one since long.

dominic

This is one of the smaller changes to Google – at least if measured in pixels! Google changed their "Favicon.ico", the 16x16 image file that usually shows in the browser address bar or in bookmarks. The old icon used a square with red, green and blue edges, wrapping an upper-case "G". The new logo is a bit more open, showing just the lower-case blue "g" from the Google logo, without borders, and a bit of shadow. To see this, visitGoogle, empty your browser cache and reload the page.
Tony Ruscoe in the forum wonders, "Is Google undergoing a rebranding exercise...?" and adds, "Maybe they're going to be known as 'the little g' rather than 'The Big G' from now on...". Google continues to grow and grow, but one of their self-proclaimed core values is "Think and act like an underdog".

lock4

Even though this is a little change, their recent changes are very impressive.

mikecobber45

Favicon is a term to describe shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon. I tried looking for the latest Google favicon, but did not find it.

joewilliams68

The new logo is a bit more open, showing just the lower-case blue "g" from the Google logo, without borders, and a bit of shadow. To see this, visitGoogle, empty your browser cache and reload the page.This is one of the smaller changes to Google – at least if measured in pixels! Google changed their "Favicon.ico", the 16x16 image file that usually shows in the browser address bar or in bookmarks. The old icon used a square with red, green and blue edges, wrapping an upper-case "G".

perrycomo15

I immediately notice it these days and I don't like it. The supplementary "G" favicon was a large amount better, and without problems identifiable as the "G" in Google.

seocompany

I think the new favicon is very good. Maybe he did not have, but I think that's part of the continuous improvement of Google. Not even see my favicons in the tabs.

checkerpatterson

Favicon is a term used to describe a shortcut, site icon, icon URL, or the bookmark icon. I'm trying to find the latest Google favicon, but I can not find it.

andresdixon1

Favicon is a term to depict crosscut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark picture. I attempted appearing for the latest Google favicon, simply did not determine it.

marlyneharpe

I think the transition from uppercase to lowercase g G was dumb and unnecessary. but over all It look beautiful than the previous one.Pretty artistic too.

xuanxanh99

Thank you share some information great here, I hope can you help when contact your address. Wishes your success and health. See you later, I hope you will fast reply in the next time.