• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Editor for PHP

Started by Alex, February 12, 2009, 11:09:06 AM

PHP Editor

Notepad
0 (0%)
Notepad++
4 (100%)
Dreamweaver
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 12, 2009, 11:09:06 AM

Alex

Hi,

Which text editor do you prefer to use for PHP development ?

I am not a programmer but I sometime use notepad++. What about you?

Alex

Kailash

I also use notepad++ for PHP editor. It is one of the free good PHP editor.

Kailash

Raju

For me, it's notepad++

Raju

w3school

My vote also goes to Notepad++

w3school

gerdonhanry

Right Now I am using Notepad++ For PHP Coding.This editor has nice features like Multi-View and Multi-Document.
Multi-View:
You have two views at same time. That means you can visualize (edit) 2 different documents at the same time (screenshot).
Multi-Document:
You can edit several documents at the same time.

drewgrantt1

On Windows and Mac I've always used Dreamweaver.
but usually i am working with Linux...so i am using Programmers notepad. Unless by editor you mean some sort of IDE. Just remember to set it to the php syntax highlighting.

FadedHearts

I prefer using Zend IDE. It's powerful and easy to code. A long time ago i used notepad++. But now it doesn't meet my requirements.
Looking for an ecommerce facility with a shopping cart

narkissajohn

As per my experiance notepad is best editor for PHP. But currently I have use Wampserver editor. I think its better then notepad.

ramsankeiio

I use Dreamweaver most of the time for editing my PHP based website. Programmers notepad is another alternative that can be used for editing PHP.

cutecub00

PHP Editor is a handy and powerful tool for writing and testing PHP and HTML pages. With its deceptive simplicity, the interface of DzSoft PHP Editor is comfortable both for beginners and experienced programmers, making PHP development easy and productive.

free tv channels

DediServ

I prefer Notepad++ too, it is very easy to use, and comfortable.

wilsondavid

Many editor are available for PHP. you can go through any of them for developing the web application. Many editor are also provide the intellisense feature for PHP.

stevenmaico

I use PHP Rapid editor for PHP programming and in college I was used notepad as a PHP editor. PHP rapid is the best and I like to use the features of it.

annahussy

There are many good test editor tools available for PHP programming such as like dreamweaver, notepad++ etc. I like to use dreamweaver this is one of the best editor  for PHP programming. It has many good features the good tools that is easy to use. It better to use in compare of other editor tool.

littonbarney

I am sharing names of good editor. Aptana, Aptana Studio, Bluefish, Eclipse - PHPEclipse, Editra, Emacs and Geany. I am using Geany, it is highlighting the syntax for HTML + PHP. Provides PHP function list.

annahussy

Quote from: littonbarney on April 06, 2013, 06:01:05 PM
I am sharing names of good editor. Aptana, Aptana Studio, Bluefish, Eclipse - PHPEclipse, Editra, Emacs and Geany. I am using Geany, it is highlighting the syntax for HTML + PHP. Provides PHP function list.

Here you share cross platform compatibility PHP editors which are best to use, but there are many other kinds of editors are also available like for windows you can use conTEXT,crimson editors,Notepad++,PSPad etc, for Mac OS you can use Textmate,smultron etc.

Deping

Notepad++.

In actual fact, I overwrote Notepad.exe in my windows directory so that it isn't even possible to use anything other than Notepad++.

Mary Whitley

I see, mostly people use notepad++ but I like Netbeans because it has dedicated PHP coding environment and complete integration with web standards. I like it's security and support of SFTP and FTP.

david.smith

Vim scares the crap out of me. If Sublime Text is the cozy programming home I feel comfortable putting my feet up in, Vim is an enormous mansion set high atop a hill with a heavy iron gate between it and me. even downloading and installing Vim is fairly difficult, which makes it a tough text editor to touch if you're new to programming.

sankalppatil

PHP Editor is a handy and powerful tool for writing and testing PHP and HTML pages. As per my experience notepad is the best editor for PHP. But currently, I have use Wampserver editor.

kennywilliam

Notepad ++ is best for PHP Coding because it has all commands and formulas so its easy to choose from dragging up and down.