• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

High bounce rate in Google analytics

Started by Raju, February 14, 2009, 06:36:48 PM

Raju

Hi,

One of my site has around 80% bounce rate. I am not aware much more about bounce rate but it seems it's a one time traffic. I mean the visitors visit only one page and then leave my site. Correct me if I am wrong. Also how can I reduce bounce rate ?

Thanks,

Raju

Kailash

Quote from: "Raju"Hi,

One of my site has around 80% bounce rate. I am not aware much more about bounce rate but it seems it's a one time traffic. I mean the visitors visit only one page and then leave my site. Correct me if I am wrong. Also how can I reduce bounce rate ?

Yes, bounce rate means one time traffic. If the visitors don't get the contents which they want then there is a chance that they leave your web site without visiting other pages. If you have high traffic from Search engines then you should have required contents from which visitors get your web site otherwise they will leave your site.

Kailash

pritamsingh98

richard branson

Please make the effective site and don't publish the fake info

seenathkumar

Bounce rate is one of the serious issue and you should know why your visitors are bouncing back from your website this can be because of many reason. Here I will share some reasons of bounce rate.

1) Bounce rate can be high because of low quality content on your website.
2) Due to wrong keyword targeted to your website.
3) Can be due to less information on your website.

So their are many such reason which you have to find out if the bounce rate of your website is high.

James Andy

Well, high bounce rate is not good for your site because its means that people don't like it very much. You should modify it for good PR.

Hadrick

Well 80% bounce rate indicates poor performance of website. There are several factors for higher bounce..

1) Contents: Contents are main factor for bounce rate, put value added contents to your website. Your website has high bounce rate because people are not getting the stuff they are looking for.

2) Page loading time: Check your website loading speed. If your website is taking time more than usual.

3) Navigation: Check your website navigation. A website should have simple navigation so that people can browse easily one page to another.

I hope you'll find these points helpful.

Steve Smith

Its helped for me..Thanks for sharing..

expertSEO

Bounce rate comes from webpages where visitors stay for less than 8 seconds without browsing other pages.
Bounce rate tells you how your seo and landing page are performing.

good - less than 40%
fair - around 50%
poor - above 50%

iphi

Bounce rate is pretty important part which shows your site popularity or how much people like your content. It will surely reduce if you want good traffic.

Thechipper

If you have a unique and high quality contents, the users will definitely stay longer on your site. Make sure your site loads very fast as well.