• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Migrate acoount from Microsoft Outlook Express to Windows Mail

Started by w3school, June 28, 2009, 11:26:05 PM

w3school

Hi,

Recently, I have installed Windows Vista on my Desktop system and now I want to migrate my email account from my old Outlook Express to new system's Windows mail. I have also created many rules in Outlook and want to transfer them to Windows mail. Can someone guide me to exported my account and email rules to Windows Mail.

Thanks,

W3school

Kailash

Exporting the Address Book from Outlook Express to Windows Mail:

[1] Open your Outlook Express.
[2] Go to the File menu, select Export and click on Address Book.
[3] In Address Book Export Tool window, select option Text File (Comma Separated Values) and click on the Export button. You will be asked to select the path where you want to export your Address Book.
[4] The CSV Export window will open. You will have to select which contact details you want to export. Select all the fields and then press the Finish button.

Exporting Email Messages from Outlook Express:

[1] Go to Tools and then select Options.
[2] Go to the Maintenance tab and click on the Store Folder button.
[3] You will see the location where Outlook Express stores all your email messages. Copy that location, close Outlook Express and then copy all the content to a different location.

Importing the Address Book in Windows Mail:

[1] In Windows Mail, go to the File menu, select Import and then Windows Contacts.
[2] In the Import to Windows Contacts window, select the first option CSV (Comma Separated Values) and press the Import button.
[3] Now browse the file where you have exported your Outlook contct and then press Open. When you are done press Next.
[4] In next window, select the fileds which you want to import and click on Finish button.

Importing Email Messages to Windows Mail:

[1] Go to the File menu, select Import and then click on Messages.
[2] In the Windows Mail Import window, you need to select the option Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and click on Next.
[3] Browse the folder where you exported all your e-mail messages, click the Select folder button which takes you to the next screen at which point you then press Next.
[4] Select the message folders you want to import and press Next.
[5] After the import is finished, the wizard will show a Import Complete message. Press the Finish button.

Regards,

Kailash

peterjoy

These all information which you can share is excellent. In these post all E-mail messages, Address book, Out look windows for windows is really great for these there are so many things which is really great.   

arleenjames

You have given so nice and useful information over here so that everyone can use outlook express very nicely.