• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Open Systems Interconnection

Started by DavisSpring, October 14, 2009, 02:42:17 PM

DavisSpring

Am a US based web designer... I would like to learn more about web design/graphic design Servies and anything related.... Here i am sharing with you, some of the web-related details.

OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) is a standard description or "reference model" for how messages should be transmitted between any two points in a telecommunication network. Its purpose is to guide product implementers so that their products will consistently work with other products. The reference model defines seven layers of functions that take place at each end of a communication. Although OSI is not always strictly adhered to in terms of keeping related functions together in a well-defined layer, many if not most products involved in telecommunication make an attempt to describe them in relation to the OSI model. It is also valuable as a single reference view of communication that furnishes everyone a common ground for education and discussion.

The main idea in OSI is that the process of communication between two end points in a telecommunication network can be divided into layers, with each layer adding its own set of special, related functions. Each communicating Web Design Firm or program is at a computer equipped with these seven layers of function.

If you are an expert in this web design fields... and like to share the work details, please get me back soon.... Thank You

jackyrog

These all information for the open system interconnection in all these there are so many things which is really very great. Its purpose is to guide product implementers so that their products will consistently work with other products. The reference model defines seven layers of functions that take place at each end of a communication.

johnycamron

Open systems interconnection short form is OSI. Without OSI we can't  generate the network, The network basic is OSI. OSI is known as 7 types of layers and they have to work in the network. And all the network generate work with it.