• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Recent Topics

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

What is a good laptop for a Java programing and .net?

Started by debicavett, August 24, 2010, 12:48:43 PM

debicavett

hi i would like to buy a laptob at cost of 40000 rs in india in that i can able to run fast java programming and oracle ? plz any one suggest me

ErikFox

It depends on what IDE you are going to run for your development. The minimum configuration would be a Pentium 4 with at least 2GB RAM. But i would recommend a Dual Core laptop.

frezbkr

Java may be a general purpose language.The most important thing: a good keyboard to type.I think Lenovo ThinkPads and some HP laptops have good keyboards.It has fast hard drive and dual core processor.I have used this laptop.

tlrdaniel

James Gosling is a developer of Java programming. Any language is works good in any computer background. I am using Apple laptop, Java works best and earlier I was working Compaq laptop, but in same situation the problem is its speed.

scotmajestic

Well said. I bought one of these for my wife recently after his laptop was stolen. It would be great for a spec point of view, including solid state drive, but the keyboard is terrible.Now I am looking to make Java programming with Eclipse, and I need a laptop that is good for it. Can you name specific models or specifications I have to look for, who are good at programming?

alex feldmen

elisajohn

Which laptop is works best in Java programming and .net is depends on the what IDE you are going to run for your development. And the best thing is its configuration. It must have to minimum configuration would be a Pentium 4.

yours

mikepeterson1

yes you can if you want to run java and oracle then only need good capacity and good software....

Winthrop

Hello guys....!
In my point of view HP DV4 2113TU Laptop is the best.....I will recommend you to buy HP DV4 2113TU Laptop....!

mdlance

Lenovo is a good laptop for a java programming and .net.CPU is only important if you are compiling.You don't necessarily need multiple cores.

josephcarlo

This time many laptop available in market and you have many choices to select one. Dell,Apple Macbook are the best but if you wan't to look for cheaper ones then you can go in for lenovo or HCL but Dell is the best.

danieljames123

My current development notebook is a 3rd Generation MacBook with 4GB RAM and a 250GB hard drive. It's the access akin archetypal and meets all my needs. You can run Eclipse and Java on it directly and I do primarily .Net and Mono development on it. .Net through Parallels using a Virtual Machine. I think it is more better than other.

paullopeez

I think it is mostly depend on software and which os you are using. Because most of the time .net or java software couldn't install on  windows7 or vista. But i am working on .net from last two years and using HP. So i willl suggest you to go with it only!!!   

elinavelly

The game is over.

demanwyngaert

Dell high end laptops are really good ..
like the high end processor..

rockywhatson

You are having two options 1.HP and 2. DELL both are best for doing programming (HP most) and the configuration should be more than dual core, you have mentioned that your budget is 40000 so, u can get core i5 which you would get around 35,000 with all things.

stephenjones

I am using HP Pavilion DV9502AU for the programming in .NET and PHP which is much efficient laptop and  also suits your requirement of programming in java. It is also available under your budget. So I also suggest you to purchase this laptop.

robinsonparrera

Toshiba laptop brand is the best and my favourite for Java programming work. I purchased  this laptop & it's gives a great features and facility. It's interesting you to use this laptop. I suggest you to use this laptop for programming work of Java and .net

jasonmilsont

The variety of willing developers with the necessary abilities and application sources to sustain an outdated VB6 is quickly reducing. And the prices billed can be great.

madelinekim

Well, Lenovo and the DEll are good laptop for a Java programing and .net. I am a software engineer and I am using lenovo laptop. This is a excellent brand for programming as it comes great configurations.

Deping

Dell. HP are not very good for programming. Most school districts prefer Dell over HP.

Thechipper

I prefer Hp or Dell laptop because both are really durable.

sankalppatil

I think it mostly depends on software and which os you are using. Because most of the time .net or java software couldn't install on  windows7 or vista.

grofee

Best Laptop for Java Programming in 2022:
1. New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip
2. Apple MacBook Air with M1 Chip
3. Lenovo Legion 5
4. ASUS TUF Dash F15
5. Mi Notebook Pro
6. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3i
7. Acer Nitro 5
8. ASUS VivoBook
9. Lenovo Legion Y540