Divi WordPress Theme

Topic: Do you think directories are a waste?  (Read 3947 times)

Offline mikecobber45

• View Profile
Do you think directories are a waste?
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:06:08 AM »
I was shocked to hear that many people think directories are a total waste of time. Do you also agree to the same? A couple of years ago, this service was highly recommended by SEO gurus. What led to such a downside? Is it because it fails to provide backlinks to a website? If I am not mistaken, then directory just lists a website once it is submitted. There is nothing more to it, right? How can it get a good amount of web traffic on putting a link to a web page? Can anyone explain me?

Thank you
VPS Hosting - AccuWebHosting

Offline Jhonson

• View Profile
Re: Do you think directories are a waste?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
No. directories are very useful in SEO.
it is a best way to get Quality backlinks.  it helps to increase PR and website traffic..

Offline John23

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »
No,I don't think so.I am agree that Directory submission is very ancient techniques But still useful to generate quality back links.For getting good position in search engine,Directory submission will be very useful technique.

Offline amberthomas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »
Thus directory submission has major benefits, which makes it indispensable tool of online marketing. directory submission is best way to generate free back links for site. Directories allow links to the site with keywords describing your site.

Erskine

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
hey...
 I don't think so that directory submission is waste of time....
I think it is a great source for get a lot of backlinks,boasting traffic and pretty good to increase page rank...

Offline aditech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:49:24 PM »
Directory submission is not at all a waste My experience says that it helps in increasing the keyword ranking in SERP..:)

Offline deepti123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »
no i don't think so find do follow link directories and submit your site on them they are very strong for SERP's

Offline nadeeshasmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
i don't think so that directories are a total waste of time. These are really the great source of backlinks

Offline Nile Hadwards

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
No,I don't think so.I am agree that Directory submission is very ancient techniques But still useful to generate quality back links.For getting good position in search engine,Directory submission will be very useful technique.

I agree with John23. Directory submission is very useful for getting your wesite ranking in search engine. Thank you for sharing this nice information John23.

Offline johnysumner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 07:54:20 AM »
Not all web directories are useless. There are still some web directories that would give you good SEO results.
But the number of bogus web directories are increasing. So for me, I would rather spend my time on other SEO techniques which can give me better results.

Offline handatravel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Directories gives one way backlink. so try to get backlinks from the high pr & niche directories to get quality one way backlink & if you are getting good & quality backlinks from the directories then how can they will be wasted

Offline WilliamsD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »
People thinks that directories are waste of time and main reason for that is free directories links are approve after two months 2nd these link are very deep that they only give backlink which has not much link juice, 3rd free directories not give much traffic. But I still recommend directories submission especially for new website which need more links.

Offline elinavelly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
Not at all.... Directory submission are very useful resources to get more and more back links from the high page rank sites to boost your ranking in the search engine.

Offline seoservicesezone

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
i don't think so that directory submission is the wastage. These are the great source of free backlinks

Offline richard branson

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
No, Dir submission is best seo technique to get back links & boost traffic on site. Always use the Unique title and description for every directory Site. and add the site in related category.

Offline rajnish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »
Directory Submission is the best option for getting the one way back links.It is very useful and web masters are generally preferred this technique regularly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:10:56 PM by rajnish »

Offline Steve Smith

• Junior Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
No not at all...its not a waste.. Directory submission is a very good post to get a links...
Divi WordPress Theme
Tags: