• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Do you think directories are a waste?

Started by mikecobber45, September 21, 2010, 01:06:08 AM

mikecobber45

I was shocked to hear that many people think directories are a total waste of time. Do you also agree to the same? A couple of years ago, this service was highly recommended by SEO gurus. What led to such a downside? Is it because it fails to provide backlinks to a website? If I am not mistaken, then directory just lists a website once it is submitted. There is nothing more to it, right? How can it get a good amount of web traffic on putting a link to a web page? Can anyone explain me?

Thank you

Jhonson

No. directories are very useful in SEO.
it is a best way to get Quality backlinks.  it helps to increase PR and website traffic..

John23

No,I don't think so.I am agree that Directory submission is very ancient techniques But still useful to generate quality back links.For getting good position in search engine,Directory submission will be very useful technique.

amberthomas

Thus directory submission has major benefits, which makes it indispensable tool of online marketing. directory submission is best way to generate free back links for site. Directories allow links to the site with keywords describing your site.

Erskine

hey...
I don't think so that directory submission is waste of time....
I think it is a great source for get a lot of backlinks,boasting traffic and pretty good to increase page rank...

aditech

Directory submission is not at all a waste My experience says that it helps in increasing the keyword ranking in SERP..:)

deepti123

no i don't think so find do follow link directories and submit your site on them they are very strong for SERP's

nadeeshasmith

i don't think so that directories are a total waste of time. These are really the great source of backlinks

Nile Hadwards

Quote from: John23 on November 22, 2010, 11:42:58 AM
No,I don't think so.I am agree that Directory submission is very ancient techniques But still useful to generate quality back links.For getting good position in search engine,Directory submission will be very useful technique.

I agree with John23. Directory submission is very useful for getting your wesite ranking in search engine. Thank you for sharing this nice information John23.

johnysumner

Not all web directories are useless. There are still some web directories that would give you good SEO results.
But the number of bogus web directories are increasing. So for me, I would rather spend my time on other SEO techniques which can give me better results.

handatravel

Directories gives one way backlink. so try to get backlinks from the high pr & niche directories to get quality one way backlink & if you are getting good & quality backlinks from the directories then how can they will be wasted

WilliamsD

People thinks that directories are waste of time and main reason for that is free directories links are approve after two months 2nd these link are very deep that they only give backlink which has not much link juice, 3rd free directories not give much traffic. But I still recommend directories submission especially for new website which need more links.

elinavelly

Not at all.... Directory submission are very useful resources to get more and more back links from the high page rank sites to boost your ranking in the search engine.
The game is over.

seoservicesezone

i don't think so that directory submission is the wastage. These are the great source of free backlinks

richard branson

No, Dir submission is best seo technique to get back links & boost traffic on site. Always use the Unique title and description for every directory Site. and add the site in related category.

rajnish

Directory Submission is the best option for getting the one way back links.It is very useful and web masters are generally preferred this technique regularly.

Steve Smith

No not at all...its not a waste.. Directory submission is a very good post to get a links...