• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

What is clocking in seo?

Started by seoservicesezone, December 28, 2011, 12:45:42 PM

seoservicesezone

anybody can tell me  that what is clocking in seo and is it a black hat or white hat seo technique??

aricajwalker

When a webmaster makes a web page specially for indexing in search engine and the actual service pages to be seen by people are maintained differently, this comes under clocking. So in my opinion it belongs black hat SEO technique.

celinaaniston86

Cloaking is a new spamming seo technique that some webmasters use to demonstrate the content of their sites to google spider so they could achieve greater rankings for their keywords, and they show something else to the visitors.

johnsondepp

Clocking is refer to make a copy of page in our website which is specially targeted for search engine crawlers and spiders. The main page is for users and copy page is for search engine so it is also a black hat seo technique to increase page rank.

jennyjenna

Clocking is a illegal activity of black hat SEO, So I would like to suggest you stay away from this strategy. .

adisonhardy

Cloaking is one of major widely used Black hat spamming techniques. It is techniques of displaying different webpage content to both Search engine and website user for achieving higher page rank and more traffic.

veronicaZora

Cloaking is a strategy used by some Web sites to produce one page to a search engine for indexing while serving an completely unique page to anyone else.

richard branson

clocking is a black hat seo technique. DOn't use the black hat seo technique.

rajnish

Quote from: adisonhardy on April 06, 2012, 10:36:55 AM
Cloaking is one of major widely used Black hat spamming techniques. It is techniques of displaying different webpage content to both Search engine and website user for achieving higher page rank and more traffic.

thanks for giving information about clocking.

Shirley.White

Clocking means displaying a different edition of web page for spider to crawling and different page for users also.it's one of the black hat Strategy.

morganlong

According to my knowledge Cloaking is one of the Black hat SEO technique. In the technique the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser.It is an unethical techniques which not follow SEO rules.

edword84

In my opinion Clocking is unethical technique which is harmful for your site. SO my friends never use such a technique that will create problem for your site.

JackDenver

A clear title is much more valuable than a wrecked or damaged car title. This scheme occurs when a dealer purchases a high mileage vehicle and subsequently resells it with falsified, reduced odometer reading.

JimyEdword

Clocking is considered in one of the black hat tactics. In this techniques web master shows one page to the search engine for a link to achieve better ranking and shows different page to the visitor for the same link. But I think this tactic is no more working as search engine becomes more clever now a days.

shirsha123

Clocking is a black hat technique in which there are two types of content available in same page one is for users and second is for web crawler to get ranked quickly.

Steve Smith

Cloaking generally means to present different version of web page contents from of search engines to search robots and human visitors based on their browser's user agent or IP address.

AmarInfotech

Cloaking is a black hat seo technique which showing different pages to users and search engine crawlers
it considered against Google guidelines, which can effect on search engine ranking.
In cloaking, the search engine and the user are literally not on the same page.
there are many ways of cloaking mention below:
(1)hidden text (2)flash based website (3)HTML rich website (4)URL rewriting.
it may possible that if your site caught in cloaking search engine can remove your site from the index. 

techsophia

Cloaking is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different in the user's browser. This is done by delivering content based on IP address or user-agent HTTP header. When a user is identified as a search engine spider, a server-side script cites a different version of the web page, which does not contain the content on that visual material, or it exists but is not searchable. is. The purpose of cloaking is sometimes to cheat the search engine so that they display the page when it is not displayed otherwise (black cap SEO) However, it is a functional to inform the search engines of the content (though old ) Technology, which they will not otherwise find because it is embedded in video or some Adobe Flash component such as non-text containers. As of 2006, there are better ways to reach, including progressive growth, so there is no need for cloaking for regular SEO.

Hitesh Patel

Cloaking is one type of blackhat SEO activity in which spammer describes different information to web spider and the user. For example, If you are searching for some news site but when you open the site it shows different information but web spider can't fetch it as that information. It concerns this information as the news site.