• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Recent Topics

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

What is LSI ?

Started by morganlong, September 18, 2012, 04:33:42 PM

morganlong

As per my knowledge Latent Semantic Indexing is used to discover words and phrases that are related in the content of any document or group of documents.
One most important thing LSI cannot be used to improve your search engine listings.

edword84

Quote from: morganlong on September 18, 2012, 04:33:42 PM
As per my knowledge Latent Semantic Indexing is used to discover words and phrases that are related in the content of any document or group of documents.
One most important thing LSI cannot be used to improve your search engine listings.
Excellent Information. Keep sharing your ideas and information.
In my opinion LSI is  also known as a second layer of keyword research.

celinaaniston86

The contents of a webpage are crawled by a search engine and the most common words and phrases are collated and identified as the keywords for the page. LSI looks for synonyms related to the title of your page.

Steve Smith

Latent Semantic Indexing is a complicated term with a simple explanation. The main concept behind Latent Semantic Indexing is to discover words and phrases that are related in the context of any document or group of documents. Search engines, Internet Marketing Professionals, and Website Designers often use LSI in their day-to-day activities.