• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Large Eximstats database - cPanel server

Started by Rick, March 19, 2014, 06:12:06 AM

Rick

Hi,

My friend has Linux cPanel VPS and recently he ran out of disk space. After investigating, he found large Exmstats database on his VPS. It seems that this database is being used by cPanel but I am not sure if it is safe to delete the records from it. Can someone provide me more information about Exmstats database? And is it possible to restrict the size of this database?

Thanks,
Rick

Kailash

It is safe to purge the records from Eximstats database however it is recommended to keep the records for few days because it is being used to calculate bandwidth usage as well. You can refer our article Large Eximstats database for cPanel server that will help you to adjust this settings from your WHM.

- Kailash

Rick

As mentioned in the article, I set 30 days for eximstat and the database size is now 1/3 from the original. Previously it was 90 days.

Rick

Web_news

I had this problem on one of my servers where eximstat database was reached to 10 GB and my /var partition was near to reach to its allocated space. I was able to recover the space by following the article.

WebhostingTalk

On the old cPanel the default settings to keep exim stats log in database was 90 days. On a busy email server, the database can be grown large (in several GBs) and this can cause issues if you have small partition size.

DouglasSmith

It has been seen that, Estimate database on your cpanel server is consuming the large space. This database can store the different information from the email as well as usage of bandwidth.