Design and Development > Forums and Content Management

Disabling wp-cron.php in WordPress (WordPress virtual cron)

(1/2) > >>

Rick:
Hi,

As far I know WordPress uses wp-cron.php file for the virtual cron. This file is being accessed each time whenever a page is visited. I have one heavy traffic WordPress blog and this is causing the issue. Is there any way I can disable WordPress virtual cron so that wp-cron.php is not called on each page visit? This will help me to reduce the resource usage.

Thanks,
Rick

Kailash:
Yes it is advisable to disable WordPress virtual cron if you are not using it. You can set manual cron job to for wp-cron.php to run 1 or 2 times in a day. This is necessary to check for WordPress updates and plugin updates. To disable WordPress virtual cron, kindly refer our article on Disabling wp-cron.php in WordPress

Rick:
Hey thanks for the article. It helped me to disable WordPress virtual cron wp-cron.php and I was able to reduce my usage.

Rick

Web_news:
If you are not using any virtual cron in your WordPress blog, it is highly recommend you disable this. This will certainly save your server resources.

WebhostingTalk:
On a large blog, wp-cron.php should be disabled to avid over resource utilization. You need it only if you are using any plugin related to WordPress cron.

WebhostinTalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version