• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Recent Topics

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Two Questions About WordPress Hosting Services

Started by PK232, May 05, 2016, 01:12:10 AM

PK232

Two Questions About WordPress Hosting Services

I have administered Linux servers for a number of years, but what I know about web site design and html coding you could put in a thimble and have room left over for a finger. 

I thought a good place to start would be to use WordPress software and I have looked at the web sites of several hosting services that have free accounts for beginning users such as wordpress.com., weebly, and wix.  Unfortunately none of them seem to have answers to the following two questions on their sites.

1.  In addition to having the basic WordPress software do any of them allow you to shell into your area so you can edit or create your files directly or are you always confined to a WordPress GUI interface?

2.  I can see how it would be helpful to start the learning process using a free account on a hosted service specializing in WordPress, particularly if it also has community support, but do any of them allow you to tar your complete site and download it or are you locked into using their paid service if you ever want to upgrade to more features.  I would like the ability to be able to easily move the site to another service after it is up and running successfully if need be?

GabyLu

I can advise you this cool website builder http://www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php as it's much better than any WP theme or hosting! All the best CMS tools are listed in that post. Using the CMS you will implement your dream site absolutely free of charge and, in my view, it is an important advantage! The most important is the correct use of your opportunities. To my mind – any issue has a solution, but you must make every effort in order to transform your intentions into reality. You have all chances for development of your idea! I wish good luck you! =)

imort

Quote from: PK232 on May 05, 2016, 01:12:10 AM
2.  I can see how it would be helpful to start the learning process using a free account on a hosted service specializing in WordPress, particularly if it also has community support, but do any of them allow you to tar your complete site and download it or are you locked into using their paid service if you ever want to upgrade to more features.  I would like the ability to be able to easily move the site to another service after it is up and running successfully if need be?

Why don't you use one of your servers instead?
Or you can try for any free VPS solution.
If you like I can send you a link to DigitalOcean with $10 credit, it will works for 2 month of $5 VPS
More that enough to test your WordPress installation.

You can also check for some advice here as well.