• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

cPanel backup issue

Started by Chris, March 21, 2017, 04:40:42 PM

Chris

Hi,

Backup that come with cpanel is not work well. For example, if i want to do daily backup, it will not keep for a week (monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday). Let say client have problem on friday but backup only have the day before it. They cannot choose to restore for tuesday or monday.

Is there any backup that can work as i mention? Mostly need to paid. I'm seeking for free version only. We want to reduce cost. Please advice.

Thanks.

Kailash

If you are using legacy backup system, you should switch to their new system. In the new system, there is option to select all days as well as there is an option called "Retain Daily backups". If you wish to keep last 7 days back up just enter 7 and save your settings.

For your information, legacy backup will be deprecated in cPanel/WHM 64 and it will be removed in the future so it is better to switch to new backup system if you are still using legacy one.

sammyy

Search it you will definitely gonna get the answer, there should be some software that will help you to restore your data...

onliveserver

Hello,

you bace to changed the legacy backup to simple backup configuration and retention to 7 for weekly backup.
There is alternative option you have to create script for daily backup and add the time interval in cron job.

neckozenica

hi,

Your server administrator or server owner must enable this feature on cpanel...

Chris

Quote from: Kailash on March 22, 2017, 04:35:50 PM
If you are using legacy backup system, you should switch to their new system. In the new system, there is option to select all days as well as there is an option called "Retain Daily backups". If you wish to keep last 7 days back up just enter 7 and save your settings.

For your information, legacy backup will be deprecated in cPanel/WHM 64 and it will be removed in the future so it is better to switch to new backup system if you are still using legacy one.
Thanks! I switched to their new backup system.

brexit