There are some rules & policies which if you know in advance can help you write your own content in a more sound way and thereby you can avoid the need of a content writer for your website. Some of the tips for content writing are as below:-
1. Always begin with Keyword Research.
2. Look out for Keyword Stuffing.
3. Email vs. e-mail and Internet vs. internet, Always follow the latter spelling in both cases as it is the recent one.
4. Always put the link of your sources in the content.
5. Write the content by keeping the user at the focal point.
6. Always keep the active voice in your content.
7. When you're writing for the web, make it short & sweet.
8. Internal Linking is vital
9. Always check the grammar & spelling once you finish the content.
10. Keep the reading level to college students.