• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Os commerce or Zen Cart shopping cart?

Started by Hromstek, June 05, 2019, 01:26:11 PM

Hromstek

Os commerce or Zen Cart shopping cart? Why?
What are your views on Hostnamaste.com and their web hosting solutions in Europe?
Will it be good to deal with this host? Any alternatives?
In Europe, it's different:
==>> you eat soccer, you breathe soccer, you drink soccer.

Rispotech

I have been using Hostnamaste.com for over 9 months. It has been great, server uptime is perfect.
It is a solid hosting provider whose entry-level services can scale according to your needs.

HoipY

Have a look at deals from libertyvps.net and avansit.com.
Support & Hosting Management system are quite good. Servers work with no glitches. And prices are competitive.

Scott Harwood

Comparison between osCommerce and Zen Cart

• Both are open-source, which means they're free to download and use to create your store.
  • OsCommerce is hard when it comes to customizing, loading add-ons and features, and making updates.
  • Zen Cart has several more features than OsCommerce.
  • Zen Cart's (highly customized) offerings are a whole lot fresher and more visually attractive than osCommerce.
  • OsCommerce offers more add-ons, plugins than Zen Cart.
  • Zen Cart to have better support resources.

I can say that Zen Cart is better.

And you can check reviews about Hostnamaste here.
Scott Harwood
Web Hosting Expert
AccuWebHosting.Com

Cheston

I have used many others host's in the past and they all had some problem or another with them. I have been with Hostnamaste.com for 9 months now and they really impress me. I am pretty much a novice when it comes to a lot of the different things like mysql,and other areas. Really good web host!
===>> I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them!!!

HoipY

Try services from kvchosting.net.
I've been with this company long enough to state, they have been flawless in my humble opinion. Their customer service is fantastic and very accessible from different time zones. I am writing this purely because of how helpful their staff have been as my sincere thanks for helping me, once again, when in a bind.

Akshay_M

In my opinion, if you want the ability to easily sell items on Facebook, rank high without being forced to clock in many hours of SEO work, and offer customers a way to purchase items from a store that's been optimized for tablets and smartphones, neither osCommerce or Zen Cart should be your strongest contenders.

But if you'd like the ability to totally customize a store, manage hosting, and engage in a community of developers working to improve a shopping cart under an open source umbrella that fosters collaboration and nimbleness, one of our two contenders may be for you.

osCommerce is easy to install and garnered cred for being a trendsetter when it launched more than a decade ago. But it does not offer as many built-in features as Zen Cart and stores produced by osCommerce have to rely on deep customizations to avoid looking boxy and dated.

Zen Cart offers CSS-based templates that give designers some flexibility and in my opinion make it a more attractive and reliable choice for the developer crowd. Zen Cart is updated more frequently than osCommerce and provides clearer documentation and troubleshooting resources. Although both carts have clear negatives, I found Zen Cart to offer fewer major design and ease of use challenges than osCommerce. It can also be a cost effective option if you're a moderately experienced developer, but a reminder that the appeal of a free download can wear off pretty quickly when you have to fork several hundred or several thousands of dollars over to a pro in order to start filling orders.

Sefoner

Try hostnamaste.com OpenVZ VPS out, you will not be disappointed.
If you are looking for a host, I would recommend them highly - ditto for if you are planning to change soon.

Progamer

I can honestly say that kvchosting.net web host has lived up to what is advertised.
Very Mac friendly interface. If you value excellent service, advice and professional support don't look any further.

Hostingsource

Check on the disk space allocation, bandwidth, security features, traffic flow, e-mail storage capacity, and the kind of multiple domain accounts.

myresellerhome

1. OsCommerce is a popular ecommerce platform that allows users to create and manage their online stores with ease. It's free to use, and its user-friendly interface makes it ideal for both novice and experienced ecommerce merchants.
2. Zen Cart is another popular ecommerce platform that offers a wide range of features for store owners, including product catalogs, shipping capabilities, payment processing, and more. Like OsCommerce, it's fully customizable and free to use.
3. Whether you're new to ecommerce or already have a well-established store, these platforms are both worth considering for your next venture. With so many great features at their disposal, there's no reason not to give them a try!
My Reseller Home |Reseller Hosting | VPS | Shared Hosting |

Bessyki

Getting the perfect Shopping cart software product is all about cross-checking numerous solutions and identifying the top program for your specific needs. From what I read, Zen Cart has more users and is supposed to be better, though osCommerce has better usage coverage in more website categories, including eCommerce and Shopping, home and garden, vehicles, lifestyle, etc.