• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

How can I move a small business server to the cloud?

Started by Ryan, July 22, 2019, 04:11:48 PM

Ryan

I run a small business and wish to know how can I move my business server to Cloud. So, can you help me with the same?

DianaDickson

Quote from: WHUK on July 22, 2019, 04:11:48 PM
I run a small business and wish to know how can I move my business server to Cloud. So, can you help me with the same?

Assuming that you are asking as an organisation, and not an individual, here are a few things you should look into:

Licenses: Moving to cloud means your business is operating simultaneously from multiple locations (presumably over states or nations). Your existing licenses, therefore, might no longer be applicable. Check into it.

Software Compatibility: Your existing software/workflow solutions might not be compatible with the software powering the remote servers.

Downtime: Moving to cloud means that if the servers are down, then your entire business is stagnant. Make sure you include a clause for downtime compensation from your service provider.

Insurance: Remote servers might undergo damage due to natural/man made disasters. This could stagnate your business either partially or fully. Make sure your servers are insured from every possible threat.

Hope this helps.

Gerich

Check out deals from kvchosting.net and asvhost.com.
They provide Quality services in timely manner which satisfies the client needs.
Prices are competitive.

lucas21

Quote from: DianaDickson on October 24, 2019, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: WHUK on July 22, 2019, 04:11:48 PM

Assuming that you are asking as an organisation, and not an individual, here are a few things you should look into:

Licenses: Moving to cloud means your business is operating simultaneously from multiple locations (presumably over states or nations). Your existing licenses, therefore, might no longer be applicable. Check into it.

Software Compatibility: Your existing software/workflow solutions might not be compatible with the software powering the remote servers.

Downtime: Moving to cloud means that if the servers are down, then your entire business is stagnant. Make sure you include a clause for downtime compensation from your service provider.

Insurance: Remote servers might undergo damage due to natural/man made disasters. This could stagnate your business either partially or fully. Make sure your servers are insured from every possible threat.

Hope this helps.

Rightly said and covered almost all the points

Dewlance

Cloud is same as shared hosting. You will only end-up paying more.

Better to choose shared, reseller or vps/server instead of cloud.
Get Premium Web Hosting from Dewlance