• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Windows vs MacOS? (Privacy Wise)

Started by Dewlance, January 06, 2020, 01:09:15 PM

Divi WordPress Theme

Dewlance

Which operating system you prefer to use?

From Windows 10, Microsoft started collecting data from user even if you opt for not sending any data to Microsoft.

Privacy wise, MacOS is good?
Get Premium Web Hosting from Dewlance

RH-Calvin

MacOS is good enough but I would prefer and recommend Windows.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting | Unmetered Bandwidth

Divya165

Everyone will answer by saying that their favorite OS is the best. For those who have been using Windows for a long time, it will be a better experience. Linux is superior for folks who seek complete control over their actions. However, they are in the minority.

On Apple devices, macOS is a good compromise. The majority of iMac and MacBook customers are unaware that macOS is based on the BSD Unix implementation.

This is of no interest to the general public.

What important is that Mac OS satisfies their requirements. This leads us back to what matters in IT: a technology must first and foremost serve a user's demand.

Madison444

I had a great experience working with a software development company, and of course, I asked this question to professionals. Windows is more widely used than Mac OS, so it's easier to find compatible software than with a Mac. Though Mac is based on Unix and easily runs nearly all Linux software combined with the fact that Apple makes great hardware. From my own experience, I can say that if gaming is everything to you, for example, then Windows is a no-brainer. If you're a creative type, then you're likely better off with a Mac.

myresellerhome

Mac OS is a more secure and private/closed operating system than Windows. While both operating systems have comparable security protections, Apple shares less user data with third parties and has a better secure browser (Safari). Windows 10 has a poor reputation when it comes to data sharing.
My Reseller Home |Reseller Hosting | VPS | Shared Hosting |

Robemm018

Akshay_M

Linux is much more safer than Windows or Mac. This is because those two OSes are closed sytems, and unless you are a developer of those OSes you have no control on how to secure the system at a design level.

Linux on the other hand is an Open Source system. Anybody can access the source and figure out any bugs or security threats to the OS and report them. If the bug is noticed by the community, you can bet it would be fixed. Or if you can figure out the solution, you are welcome to share with everyone.

Divi WordPress Theme