• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Any Tool for generating Static WordPress websites?

Started by Cheston, May 20, 2021, 04:35:09 PM

Cheston

Wanna make a notion on all possible Tools available for Generating Static Wordpress sites.
One of my co-workers found Flatsite.com - it's an all in one-platform used to build and manage WordPress websites.
Could you share your views about it?
Any alternatives?
===>> I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them!!!

Akshay_M

It depends on what tools are you using/like. What are you comfortable with in first place. Are you going to start а new project or use it in existing one? What kind of features do you want from a static generator? Do you need support for tags, feeds, and pagination? Do you know that you can add extensions (Pelican)?

For example, if you like Ruby, you can use Jekyll, Octopress, Middleman, Nanoc, Stasis, Ruhoh.. list goes on.

It doesn't really matter if you are just a newbie and want to write a simple blog using Jekyll. If you are experienced in SSG (static site generators) though, you would have already know what kind of features to look for.

Without any context, it is pretty hard to tell what kind of static site generator would be acceptable for the task you have at the moment, but I would go with the one I know really well. Another important thing to look for is when was the last update to GitHub project (see stars, an amount of commits, etc). In general, you don't want to use tools that were abandoned a long time ago.

Of course, you will experience problems configuring/launching/using tool, so that's why you need an established community. There could be some questions posted on StackOverflow or GitHub issues/pull requests.

Progamer

Since your request was posted in the web hosting discussion section I would recommend you to pay attention on hosted solution. If you are looking for stable solution, than a dedicated server would be the best one .
I have a blog hosted with gthost.com. No problems at all.