• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Top 10 Scripting Languages You Should Learn in 2021

Started by tk-hassan, May 25, 2021, 12:40:02 PM

tk-hassan

Scripting languages are used to write different scripts that contain several commands and are interpreted one by one at the runtime instead of compiling before running. Generally, Scripts are associated with web development and give instructions to the server, web browser, or standalone application to make dynamic web applications.

Keep in mind, all scripting languages are programming languages, but not all programming languages are scripting languages, so you need enough technical knowledge to use the appropriate one. Most popular coding languages such as PHP, JavaScript, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, and many others are scripting languages.

1. JavaScript

JavaScript is Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language in which objects are reused as prototypes, and it has first-class functions (treated as variables). It is known as the best implementation of ECMA-262 Standard of scripting languages and uses the same syntax as ECMAScript; therefore, it doesn't have a standalone specification.

It is not limited to frontend web development; it can be used in runtime and non-browser environments. Moreover, shells of some NoSQL and relational database management systems such as MongoDB and aforementioned use it as a scripting language.

Full Article Source: https://www.temok.com/blog/top-10-scripting-languages/

SachaWheeldon

Thanks for sharing this article. I think Python, Java, PHP, Ruby and Perl could also be good options that you can include here.

joshisweta

1. C
2. Python
3. Java
4. C++
5. C#
6. Visual Basic
7. JavaScript
8. PHP
9. Assembly Language
10. SQL

These are top Langiages for 2021 and for 2022
Life Does not Give the Second Chance

Madison444

I won't name all languages as they have already been mentioned here. But I can suggest checking blogs for web developers and designers out. Here is a list of the best ones https://www.beautifullife.info/web-design/best-web-design-and-development-blogs/. I'm sure, you will find a lot of helpful information there. I personally follow Envato Tuts and Smashing Magazine. Maybe these sources will be useful for someone else.

andrewstevenson

Hey! Here is my list for this year.
I think I will not change anything in the next year.
1. Python
2. PHP
3. SQL
4. JavaScript
5. Java
6. C++
Also, I read some blogs of mobile app development companies like https://madappgang.com/blog/how-to-develop-an-educational-app-from-idea-to-end-product/ this company. If experienced people share with you some methods and solutions, this is even better than books.

Akshay_M

Here are the top scripting languages you should consider learning in 2023:

Python: Python continues to be a highly popular scripting language known for its simplicity, readability, and versatility. It's used in web development, data analysis, machine learning, automation, and more.

JavaScript: JavaScript is essential for front-end web development, enabling interactive and dynamic web pages. It's also used for server-side development (Node.js) and other application types.

Ruby: Ruby, known for its elegant syntax and developer-friendly environment, is commonly used in web development (with the Ruby on Rails framework) and for scripting tasks.

PHP: PHP is widely used for server-side scripting in web development. It's a foundational language for creating dynamic web applications and websites.

Bash: Bash (Bourne Again SHell) is a Unix shell and scripting language commonly used for automating tasks in the command-line environment of Unix-based systems.

Perl: Perl is a versatile scripting language often used for text processing, system administration, and web development.

Go: Go (or Golang) is known for its efficiency and strong support for concurrency. It's used for building scalable and high-performance applications.

Swift: Swift is Apple's programming language for developing applications on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS platforms. It's known for its speed and safety features.

R: R is extensively used for statistical computing, data analysis, and visualization. It's a preferred language for researchers and data scientists.

Lua: Lua is often used as an embedded scripting language in various applications and games. It's known for its lightweight nature and ease of integration.

Remember that the choice of scripting language depends on your specific goals, interests, and the types of projects you intend to work on. Staying updated with the latest trends and technologies is important in the ever-evolving world of programming. I recommend researching the current trends and checking for any new scripting languages that may have gained traction since my last update.