• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Recent Topics

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Building an Easier Site with PHP Modules

Started by Tech, August 31, 2007, 01:48:03 AM

Tech

Having hundreds of pages to manage can be a lot of work when it comes to revisions, such as changing the site menu or a list of links.

I have found an easier way to keep my editing time to a minimum with using what I call PHP Modules.

For example, we'll build a menu module, we'll cut all of our menu images & links from our pages leaving behind only the empty tables & then create a new page menu.php without any headers and paste our menu code.

Then in the empty tables we'll add the code:
< ?php
include_once "menu.php";
? >

Now the next time I need to change the menu I'll only need to edit menu.php & the other 300 pages will automatically be updated, slick right?

Note: To use this PHP code you'll need to change all of your pages from .HTML to .PHP or use a java script to parse the PHP code. You wont need to change any of your html code as web browsers will render your pages the same way as .html

I recommend changing your pages to PHP because once you start working with PHP you will find a lot free scripts that you can use to make your site more exciting & interactive than with html alone.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Mason