• Welcome to Web Hosting Community Forum for Webmasters - Web hosting Forum.

Recommended Providers

Fully Managed WordPress Hosting
lc_banner_leadgen_3
Fully Managed WordPress Hosting

WordPress Theme

Divi WordPress Theme
WPZOOM

Forum Membership

Forum Membership

Building an Easier Site with PHP Modules

Started by Tech, August 31, 2007, 01:48:03 AM

Tech

Having hundreds of pages to manage can be a lot of work when it comes to revisions, such as changing the site menu or a list of links.

I have found an easier way to keep my editing time to a minimum with using what I call PHP Modules.

For example, we'll build a menu module, we'll cut all of our menu images & links from our pages leaving behind only the empty tables & then create a new page menu.php without any headers and paste our menu code.

Then in the empty tables we'll add the code:
< ?php
include_once "menu.php";
? >

Now the next time I need to change the menu I'll only need to edit menu.php & the other 300 pages will automatically be updated, slick right?

Note: To use this PHP code you'll need to change all of your pages from .HTML to .PHP or use a java script to parse the PHP code. You wont need to change any of your html code as web browsers will render your pages the same way as .html

I recommend changing your pages to PHP because once you start working with PHP you will find a lot free scripts that you can use to make your site more exciting & interactive than with html alone.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Mason